Sunday, July 6, 2008

Little Spoiled Brats Exist Worldwide

I don't have time for a full out post. I had a full weekend, visiting the Equator yesterday and going to the took of the mountains overlooking Quito today and I have Spanish lessons at 8:30 tomorrow morning, so I should be hitting the sack soon. But I will hopefully have my experiences in writing and up sometime tomorrow.

One thing I have to include in this Blog somewhere, though, is commentary on the little eight-year old terror that runs rampid through this house. A cute little girl, the first day or so I figured she would be a well-mannered, well-behaved child and that the true brats were indigenous only to what we consider first-world countries. I was wrong.

Thankfully, I have observed most of her terrors from a distance, the first one being at the dinner table. She was yelling something about the small dog (think Yo quiero Taco Bell!) in the house to her grandmother (my Ecuador-mom) and did all but jump up and down in place, arms flailing like you see in those old kid movies. She yelled and had an openly nasty attitude, even making a swinging motion a few times towards the grandmother like she wanted to hit her. I personally think a butt-whoopin is in order.

Second encounter was when she was mad at, again, the dinner table and was throwing a hissy fit and knocked over her juice, spilling it all over the table. Didn't apologize. Didn't even look like she noticed. Just continued her spoiled little rant.

Tonight it got a little personal but not so much. This other guy, who is from the United States and has stayed here for about as long as I have, was with me at the dinner table with part of the family. We were speaking with them in Spanish as practice and the little girl kept taunting us and laughing at how bad our Spanish was. Little devil.

Anywho, this blog probably wasn't worth posting but it has been a few days and I want to put a lot of time into the upcoming one about my weekend meaning it couldn't happen tonight.

And, sidenote: It's funny to me how some of my friends seem shocked that I am on the internet. America isn't the only modern place, people!

2 comments:

haile-ras said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
haile-ras said...

Good story...(Sorry, I couldn't resist haha)